ORAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
GENERAL QUESTIONS: (CHOSE ONE)
- Tell me about your family?
- Tell me about your home city or town?
- Tell me about your country?
- If you had a chance to visit another country where and why would you go?
- If you were not a police officer, what other profession (job) would you have chosen? Why would you choose that profession?
- What is your favorite hobby and why do you like it?
- What are some of the popular tourist attractions in your country?
- What did you do before becoming a police officer?
- What was the happiest moment in your life?
- What is your favorite food? Can you cook this food or where do you go to eat it?
- Describe the neighborhood (location) that you live in at home?
- What education do you have?
- Where would you like to go on a holiday? Why do you go there?
- If you could become a professional athlete, which sport would you choose?
- If you could be a famous person, ho you choose to be?
- Tell me, what is your favorite movie?
MISSION QUESTIONS (CHOOSE TWO)
1. What do you know about problems in this country?
2. What do you hope to accomplish (goal/objective) while here in the Mission?
3. Tell me about your trip, how you traveled from home to this Mission?
4. If you have a choice, what type of police duties would you like to do while you are here?
5. How do you protect yourself while on police duty?
6. Where will you travel to during your holidays, while working in this Mission?
7. Why did you want to come to this Mission?
8. What Mission preparation did you receive from your country before coming here?
9. What is your best quality as a police officer?
10. What would you do if a person carried a hand grenade into your police station, here, in the Mission, and told you that he/she found it near their home?
11. How did you prepare yourself personally for being away from home for a long person of time?
12. What police equipment and uniform did you bring with you for this Mission?
13. How did you get selected for this mission?
14. What do you think makes a good commander?
15. What would you do if you drove or walked into a land mine area?
16. When was UN organized? Who is the General Secretary of the UN and where is he coming from?
HOME COUNTRY QUESTIONS: (CHOOSE TWO)
- What training did you receive to become a police officer?
- What type of work do you currently do in your home country?
- What was one of the most well known investigations that your police force has ever investigated, and what was the final result?
- What was the most satisfying investigation that you have worked on?
- When you arrest a person in your country what things must you do by law at the time of the arrest?
- What do you think is the most important quality that a police officer needs to have? Why do you think that is important?
- What qualities do you think that a supervisor needs to have? Why are these qualities important to you?
- When a person makes a complaint at your police station, what information do you write in the report?
- How do you take a statement from a suspect?
- What are the most common types of crime in your country?
- What do you remember about your first arrest?
- What type of work do you hope to do within your police force before you retire?
- If someone reported, that his/her car was stolen, what information would you write down and what would you do with that information?
- What type of vehicles does your police department use?
- What type of weapons and special equipment do you use each day at work in your country?
- How a police officer in your country can get promotion?